|The Women Techmakers Scholars Program (Foto: womentechmakers.com)|
JAKARTA, KalderaNews.com – Through the Women Techmakers Scholars Program – formerly the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program – Google is furthering Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of creating gender equality in the field of computer science by encouraging women to excel in computing and technology and become active leaders and role models in the field.
Dr. Anita Borg (1949–2003) believed that technology affects all aspects of our economic, political, social and personal lives. A technology rebel with a cause, she fought tirelessly to ensure that technology’s impact would be a positive one. Dr. Anita Borg devoted her adult life to revolutionizing the way we think about technology and dismantling barriers that keep women and minorities from entering computing and technology fields.
Her combination of technical expertise and fearless vision continues to inspire and motivate countless women to become active participants and leaders in creating technology. Google is proud to honor Anita’s memory and support women in technology with the Women Techmakers Scholars Program.
A group of female undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s academic background and demonstrated leadership.
Applicants must satisfy all of the following criteria to be eligible:
– Identify as female
– Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time or part-time student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program at a university in Asia Pacific.
– Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
– Demonstrate a strong academic record
– Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer science.
For further details and how to apply, please visit and CLICK: The Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship. (JS)
* Jika merasa artikel ini bermanfaat, silakan dishare pada saudara, sahabat dan teman-temanmu.